If you have a Certificate of Eligibility
Please consult the documents below to learn more about the registration process.
Please bring the following documents with you to the school:
- The Certificate of Eligibility or permanent code of the child, parent, or sibling whose eligibility is being used.
- Proof of Canadian citizenship of the child, parent, or sibling whose eligibility is being used.
- The child's long-form birth certificate, showing both parents' names.
- Proof of residence (lease, driver's license, utility bill, etc.)
- A copy of the “Carnet de Santé” (all pages).
If you do not have a Certificate of Eligibility
In order to qualify for English Instruction in Quebec Public Schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.
*What is a Certificate of Eligibility?
To obtain a Certificate of Eligibility, parents must complete an application at the Community Services (Law 101) office located at the English Montreal School Board head office.
Please consult the EMSB website for information on eligibility requirements: Eligibility Requirements for Public English Schools.
Carlyle welcomes students and their families to Canada from all over the world. Families living Quebec on a temporary basis (work or school visa) can be eligible to send their children to an English public school.
For More information on the application process for international students, please click on the link for the English Montreal School Board's international student information below:
Carlyle School Territory
Each elementary school within the EMSB serves the community within it's boundaries. Children living within these boundaries and their siblings have priority over children living outside of the school boundaries when registering at the school. Students living outside of the school boundaries are not eligible for bussing.