Carlyle's Mission Statement
Parents, school staff and community at Carlyle School aim to turn dreams into achievements and prepare Carlyle students for life-long learning. We encourage respect, critical thinking, tolerance and care within a safe and nurturing environment. We are committed to developing the learner's personal, social and academic capacities. Carlyle provides an internationally minded and inquiry-based curriculum with ongoing reflection and assessment that links active classroom experiences to action-based local and global issues. Carlyle promotes an educational partnership involving parents, school staff and all communities.
At Carlyle our vision is to create a school community where: All students learn and grow in a safe and nurturing environment All learners have the opportunity to develop their personal, academic and social experience using an inquiry based, international curriculum All learners are provided with a child-centered curriculum that links classroom experiences to global issues. Staff, Parents and Community endeavor to instill a sense of pride, respect, open-mindedness and life-long learning in all students
- All learners have the right to be treated with respect, integrity, and tolerance and have the responsibility to demonstrate these values towards others and the world around them.
- Staff, Parents and Community, through a democratic process, have demonstrated that they value an international curriculum that promotes International Baccalaureate &Primary Years Program philosophy.
- Children learn in a supportive, caring environment that fosters self-esteem and respect for others.
- Education is a partnership involving staff, parents, and the community. It Takes a Village to Raise a Child.
- To foster an environment of respect.
- To provide a learning environment that responds to individual needs.
- To maximize parental participation.
- To enhance the learning and appreciation of the French language.
- To develop in our children the ability to take responsibility for their own learning.
- To promote open lines of communication among all members of the school community.