If one or both parents are Canadian and have completed the majority of their elementary education in English in Canada or the child has completed Grade 1 or more in another Province, please visit Eligibility Standard Criteria for instructions.
Due to the complex nature of this request, please visit the Law 101 Office (Eligibility) located at the EMSB Administration Building to complete an application form.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED:
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency of the parent who is coming to Quebec to work (job transfer) or study temporarily.
- The child's long form birth certificate, showing both parents' names.
- If the child was born outside of Canada, provide the child's Canadian Citizenship document, or Citizenship card or Permanent Resident card.
- Proof of the family's residency for the previous two (2) years in another province (taxes, lease, health cards, etc.)
- The parent must obtain a form from the Eligibility Office for the employer or school to complete and it must be sealed by a Commissioner of Oaths.
- Child’s most recent original report card, and its certified translation in English or French.
If your family decides to move to Quebec permanently, the Certificate of Eligibility cannot be renewed unless the parent is / or has become Canadian and the child has now completed the majority of their education in English. See Standard Criteria.